Handwriting and Fine Motor Skills Group
The Handwriting and Fine Motor Skills group is aimed at providing therapy for children with handwriting and fine motor difficulties.
What are some of the goals addressed?
Development of age-appropriate fine motor skills, including;
- Bilateral coordination
- In-hand manipulation
- Independently assuming and maintaining a correct pencil grasp
- Mastering correct letter formation for all lower case letters
- Techniques to assist with spacing, letter placement, and proportions
- Using scissors to cut out simple shapes
- Development of motor planning and visual motor skills to assist with handwriting formation and legibility